Saltwater Child Care Centre provides an integrated four year old kindergarten program that is partly funded by the Department of Education and Training. Integrated programs give families access to high quality kindergarten and long day care all under one roof. All children who turn four by the 30th April in the year preceding commencement of primary school are eligible to be included in the program.
In the kindergarten program, the children are encouraged to develop independence, self awareness and a feeling of self worth. The children will have many opportunities to develop caring relationships with adults as well as friendships with other children.
At Saltwater Child Care Centre we believe working in partnership with parents is an important and vital part of children’s life experiences. The best outcomes for children are achieved when the Kindergarten Teacher and the Early Childhood Educators work in close partnership with parents, ensuring that each child’s interests and needs are incorporated into the program.
The Benefits of Saltwater Child Care Centre’s Kindergarten Program:
- The program is operated by a qualified kindergarten teacher who has knowledge of the theory and practice of early childhood education and care
- Our Kindergarten teacher delivers the sessional program in a familiar environment without taking the children out of the long day care setting
- 15 hours of kindergarten is offered throughout the week (Tuesday – Friday 9.15am to 1.00pm)
- Our kindergarten teacher develops and delivers an educational program that incorporates the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework and the Transition: A Positive Start to School Initiative, which meets the requirements of the Children’s Services Act 1996 and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011
- Our kindergarten teacher works very closely with the child care team to make sure that continuity of planning and practice is established to support children’s learning
- A stimulating program that includes dance, music, fitness, drama and visual arts is provided to further develop children’s interests and talents
- A variety of events such as a Parent Information Evenings and Parent / Teacher interviews are organised
- School preparation events such as uniform week, lunch box week and excursions to the local school, library, parks / gardens and traffic school are organised.