It is well known that the first five years of a child’s life is important and the long day care service reflects this. The service provides an educational curriculum for all children in attendance. The curriculum reflects our Centre Philosophy and the current policies and practices for children’s services which are:
- VEYLF (Victorian Early Years Learning Framework)
- Belonging, Being and Becoming
- Code of Ethics
- National Quality Framework
Each room curriculum caters to the children’s age and stage of development which is broken into permanent indoor and outdoor learning areas that have been designed to enhance and foster the children’s learning. These areas are:
Literacy / Numeracy
Visual Arts / Sensory
Relaxation / Music and Movement
The Children's learning experiences are documented through individual portfolio’s and room reflections.
The long day service not only provides an educational curriculum but an environment where children are valued as individuals and most of all have FUN at.
Saltwater Child Care Centre has three rooms:
- Star Room caters for children from 6 months to 2 years. There are two qualified educators to 8 children per day.
- Sunshine Room caters for children from 2 – 3 years. There are three qualified educators to 12 children per day.
- Rainbow Room caters for children from 3 – 5 years. There are two qualified educators to 26 children per day. A kindergarten teacher is also in this room during the operation of the 4 year old funded kindergarten program. As of 2016 the ratio in this room will change to one educator for 11 children.
During enrolment process each family will receive a room handbook detailing room information.